Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach!


You must think I'm quite the traveler. First Syracuse, NY (read about my adventures here) and now Myrtle Beach, SC. Two trips in one month is rare for me. It's left me exhausted and excited all at once!

Luckily, Myrtle Beach holds no emotional strings for me the way Syracuse did. In fact, I've never been to South Carolina before. I'm going to help out at the BI-LO Myrtle Beach Marathon, one of several events throughout the country in which Prevention magazine (my employer) organizes Team Prevention, a group of women who walk a full or half marathon together. It's an amazing event where I get to actually meet the readers of Prevention magazine and Prevention.com.

About a year and half ago, shortly after joining Prevention, I walked a half marathon with my close friend (and used-to-be roomie) Jes who is also on staff there. You can see us celebrating our glory above.

I planned to walk the half marathon at Myrtle Beach, but injured my feet in the training process. Stupid blisters! Instead, I'll help out, get to know the readers, and maybe walk the last few miles with some of the readers. That's usually when they need the most cheerleading (and as you can probably tell, I do love being a cheerleader!).

Wish me luck. I'll try to log on and report from the beach!

xo,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment