Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sally's big, loud, crazy laugh

I may be known as "that girl who's always giggling," but I can't help it. It's in my genes.

Sally had a laugh to remember. Think back to the last time something sent you into hysterics. That was Sally's everyday laugh. This petite 5'1, 104 lb woman belted out guffaws that would echo through a restaurant, causing us kids to slouch a little lower in our seats, smothering our own giggles behind menus and paper diner napkins.

I heard her laugh last night. In my dream, she made a dirty joke about underwear that sent her into one of her famous shout-shriek laughs.

It's been almost 8 years since I've heard that laugh, and yet it rang so clear. It's amazing what you can remember in the relaxed calm of sleep. I woke up feeling so lucky to have heard from her. And if she's laughing, I imagine all is good in her 'hood.

Song of the day: "Dreams" cover by Cat Power

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I love the sound of hearty laughter! It affirms so much of what life's about :)

    ReplyDelete